BORDEN VILLAGE FC
PARENTS/SPECTATORS CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents / Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football.
All children play football because they first and foremost love the game – it’s fun. It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football within your club it is important to reinforce the message to parents / spectators that positive encouragement will contribute to:
• Children enjoying football.
• A sense of personal achievement.
• Improving the child’s skills and techniques.
A parent’s / spectator’s expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
• Other players.
Ensure that parents / spectators within your club are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children not just their own.Encourage parents / spectators to:
• Applaud the opposition as well as your own team.
• Avoid coaching the child during the game.
• Not to shout and scream.
• Respect the referee’s decision.
• Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented.
• Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.
Ensure that parents / spectators within your club agree and adhere to your club’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.